The summer is over, days are becoming shorter, but we at MetricsCat still remember the hot August. Let’s look at the Top reviewed and rated apps of the month.
So, who was working hard during summer to reach the app store top?
An absolute winner in our chart of the most reviewed apps on the AppStore over the past four months remains the app Candy Crash Saga with over 70k reviews in August and we must say “Well done, guys!” to its developers, King.com Limited.
The other 4 most reviewed apps on AppStore are:
- Clash of Clans – an unbeatable leader
- CSR Racing – yes, we were covering this one already as well
- Head Soccer – a new great game for soccer lovers
- Pictoword: 2 Pics, What’s the 1 word? – another app in “guess-the-word-by-pic” style, nevertheless a great success!
But if you look at the apps with highest rating, you won’t find any of them.
The highest rating in August got:
- The Tribez HD – a great citybuilder by Game Insight.
- … for Kakao – Koreans love their game makers
- Injustice: Gods Among Us – a cool looking fighting game
- The Simpsons™: Tapped Out – a famous citybuilder with DONUTS
- iHeartRadio – Free Music & Radio Stations – finally at least not a game, but a radio app here
Let’s see which apps were popular on Google Play!
Here top reviewed and top rated apps are absolutely different as well!
Twitter and Facebook are no surprise to see here, while Prehistoric Park Builder and Star Girl are definitely nice new apps that made it in August.
As you can see games and social media apps were extremely popular in August.
This is a trend for a long time already, and seems like will stay for a long time: people spend most of their time on mobile playing games and networking in social media.
Stay tuned with our blog, keep track of your app new reviews and reach the Top in Stores with us!